Statistics on Adverse Drug Events:
- In the US there are over 2.2 million severe drug reactions EACH YEAR.
- 82% of American adults take at least one medication and 29% take five or more.
- Adverse Drug Events (ADE) cause over 700,000 emergency department visits each year.
- Over 100,000 people die each year due to Adverse Drug Events.
- Nearly 120,000 patients each year need to be hospitalized for further treatment.
- 4th leading cause of death. Ahead of pulmonary disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia, accidents and automobile deaths.
READ MORE BLOG ARTICLES